Following my post on Shop the Trend : Off-the-shoulder tops (here), I thought it might be useful to do a tutorial on how to transform a shirt into said top. This is very easy and quick to do and all you need is an old shirt, elastic, pins, scissors and a sewing machine.
- First, draw a line from shoulder to shoulder on the shirt and cut along the line.
- Then, turn the seam inwards about 1,5 cm (or twice the width of your elastic) and sew close to the hem. Leave a little gap to insert to elastic.
- Insert the elastic. To help, you can use chopsticks or a safety pin.
- Sew the two ends of the elastics together.
- Close the gap.
- Mark the top at the desired length.
- You can either cut the fabric using pinking shears or cut the fabric and then create a small hem.